Truck accidents are one of the most dangerous incidents in which you could get involved. As well as significant financial hardships, you may be left with severe physical injuries, and it’s not easy to feel during this period when you have no support. A case of personal injury in a truck accident may include several different factors that are not present in other types of automobile accidents.
Our truck accident lawyers at BC Law FL recognize that this can be a stressful time, and we struggle to ensure that you recover your rightful compensation regardless of what was involved in your accident. We will fight for you from start to finish and will manage the whole process.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Florida
There are often a number of variables that make the cases of truck accidents much more complicated than those involving conventional motor vehicles. Knowing the causes would allow your truck accident attorney to decide how best to prepare your case for a favorable decision. The most common causes of Truck Accidents include:
- Fatigue - To ensure their safety and wellbeing of those on the road, truck drivers should take rest breaks. They place people at risk and raise the likelihood of an accident due to fatigue without rests and breaks. When negligent drivers do not comply with these safety requirements, they are much to blame and can cause dangerous accidents.
- Manufacturer of the Truck/Parts manufacturer – Often the truck accident is caused due to defective manufacturing of the tires, steering, or other vehicle parts of the truck that may lead to the accident. The truck manufacturer may also be held responsible if the truck manufactured was defective.
- Improper cargo safety measures –Truck drivers usually take heavier items without proper safety measures that can pose an extensive risk to other vehicles if safety measures are not taken and cause serious injuries or death to others on the road.
- Other common causes – Accidents may also result from the use of drugs or alcohol, speeding, reckless tailgating, lacks of yield, and improper lane changes. The resulting harm sustained on an accident victim is serious, no matter the cause. Many patients sustain serious injuries, such as injuries to the spinal cord and the brain. Other crashes lead to deaths.
Establishing a Truck Accident case
BC Law FL’s Stuart, Florida Truck accident lawyers know what it takes for you in a truck accident to win a personal injury case. What must be proved is that the driver violated his/her obligation to care for other vehicles and that either an action or a lack of action on the part of the driver was connected with such a violation. It must also be seen that the victim incurred injuries and damages because of the breach of duty by the driver.
The following parties can be held responsible in a truck accident case:
- The driver of the truck
- Owner of the truck
- The company that provided the truck
- The person loading the cargo of the vehicle
- Truck maintenance company (e.g. failed breaks not checked while maintenance)
- Truck manufacturer
- Parts manufacturer
Defective parts and Liability in Truck Accidents
Commonly, truck accidents and liability for commercial vehicles have to do with defective parts and products in the truck or some of its many parts. If there is product liability, a case is brought against the manufacturer of the product or vehicle in question.
It is important to show that the truck or part of the component was faulty when produced in order to win such a suit; that it was “unreasonably dangerous” and that the fault caused or led to the accident. The truck must also be run in the manner intended by the manufacturer and must not be drastically altered.
In the case of a truck accident where negligence is not a concern, a less known and more complicated route requires bringing a strict liability suit. Instead, the plaintiff must show that the flaw was inherent in the production process. This is a complex method that requires expert research, examination, and testimony.
BC Law FL will ably direct you through the legal proceedings if product liability is a possibility, working diligently to secure and recover the compensation you deserve.
Wrongful Death Cases
It is tragic to mention, along with instances that cause such accidents, that wrongful death cases are prevalent in truck accidents. Truck accidents can be very serious, and there are occasions when victims experience injuries leading to death. In such a scenario, we need to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.
What should I do after a Truck Accident?
It is important to take photos, obtain contact details, communicate with witnesses, and seek medical help after a truck accident to gather evidence and create a solid legal case. Maintain a record of all costs when paying for medical bills or any expenses arising from the truck crash. The better your legal case, the more likely the truck company would be to bid. However, if you do not have an idea of how much your personal injury situation is worth, do not be eager to accept the bid.
Truck firms more often than not give victims a lump sum of cash to avoid lawsuits, which will require them to pay the full, much greater amount.
Deadline to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit
You have 4years from the date of your truck accident in the state of Florida to file a personal injury case to recover damages. If however, anyone died as a result of a truck accident, you have 2 years to file a wrongful death lawsuit starting from the date of death.
Due to the seriousness of their injuries, truck crash victims suffer significant losses. When a negligent party or parties are found responsible, we then help customers determine the full value of their losses and ensure that they obtain the highest possible amount of compensation. For the following and more, we routinely recover compensation for:
- Healthcare/Medical costs
- Future medical treatment costs
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future income
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Wrongful death
Consult with our Florida Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck accident claims maybe some of the most complex cases due to the complexities of insurance company methods and the web of regulations involved. We enjoy the challenge at the BC Law FL and are completely committed to seeking the highest compensation possible for our clients.
Our attorneys, also in our most challenging cases, have gained a reputation for securing high-value settlements. In reality, millions of dollars in compensation for the wrongfully injured have been recovered. Get in touch with one of our attorneys serving Port St. Lucie and all of eastern Florida at BC Law FL today.